- There is SOOO much to learn about the blogging world in terms of websites, photography and editing, social media, and monetizing blogs.
- I like to make recipes not create them. The few recipes of my own are just a mix of ingredients and spices put together, but nothing creative.
- I learned a lot about website in terms of hostings, wordpress.org vs. wordpress.com, and a little bit of HTML code. Understanding websites is such an important part of business these days. I hope to keep learning more about this part of the business.
- How to get over my fear or reluctance to self promote myself on social media. I realized that people can unfollow or unfriend me on social media if they don’t want to follow along. I became okay with that.
- The blogging community is really awesome! I met a lot of cool bloggers virtually this year and I’m amazed by the community! I really love some of the facebook groups- Blogging for Keeps, Healthy Glow Co, and Inspiralized Community
- It takes time to be a sponsored blogger and it takes time to gain a consistent following. Social media is key to both of these!
In other news, its been a good week. I got in a swim/bike combo yesterday and it felt really good. If you are a triathlete, I highly recommend this article and video on swimming. I used some of these techniques in the open water yesterday and I really enjoyed it.
I’m supposed to get my first Nordstrom sale package today! I’m really excited to take a look at the dresses I ordered for weddings later this summer. Also, the sale has encouraged me to purge some of my wardrobe. I will be taking some clothes back to my parents in Minnesota for my sister to try. If she doesn’t like them, they will be going to charity! Wahoo! I used to tell myself for every article of clothing I bought, I should bring one item to goodwill. But thats hard to do when I’m online shopping so often.
First blog photos
- OrangeTheory Fitness Review
- Friday Faves #4
- Base Push All Out
- 6 tips for exercising over the holidays
- Chicago Marathon Training
- Hiking a 14er
- Denver Birthday Fun
- Photos Lately
- Chicago Marathon Training Week 1 and 2
- Fitness Trackers
Whats on your mind today?
Linking up with Amanda