Hi everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was really fun and relaxing. Today is my last day in Oklahoma City for work. This week has gone by pretty quickly, and I’m excited to get back to Denver. This weekend, I’m helping with a middle school church retreat. It will be nice to get away and relax for the weekend. I talked to you last week about Spectating Chicago Marathon, but I wanted to tell you more about October in Chicago.
I was in Chicago from Oct 3-8th, when I left Denver it was rainy and cold in the mornings. On my weather app, I saw that it was supposed to be raining in Chicago while I was there. Since I’m basic, I packed my Hunter boots in my carry on suitcase. That was a mistake, it did rain a bit in Chicago while I was there, but not enough to need my rain boots. Those things took up a lot of room in my suitcase! It was sunny a few of the days I was there, and highs in the 70s. I expected the leaves to have changed, but it didn’t feel like Fall yet. I wanted to name this blog post, fall in Chicago, but it didn’t seem appropriate.
Each day I was there, I walked about 12-15K steps, and it was nice to walk down by the lake or the river the first couple days I was there.
October in Chicago Highlights
- Watching the marathon– I was able to see a few of my friends running and celebrate with them after the race!
- Shopping in Wicker Park– My best friend and I spent Saturday shopping in Wicker Park. My favorite places are Vintage Charm and David’s Tea. I got some carrot cupcake decaf tea and a new tumbler at David’s Tea. I also got a new long-sleeve top at Vintage Charm.
- Sushi- my best friend and I love going out for sushi when we are together! It’s a fun tradition, and BYOB sushi is the best
- Tapster bar- On Friday night, we stopped at Tapster bar. You get a card, and then you pour your own drinks by the ounce. They have the place like this in Denver called First Draft, but Tapster was way cooler. They had cider, wine, beer, cocktail, kombucha, and kombucha beer.
- Badger win! On Saturday evening, we went to watch the Wisconsin-Nebraska game at a WI bar. It was a lot of fun, and we pulled off another win. It feels good to be a top 5 team!
- Dinner with my aunt, uncle, and cousin- my aunt and uncle took us to Le Colonial which is a Vietnamese restaurant. To be honest, I’m not sure if I’d ever had Vietnamese food before. But it was really tasty! I was glad I got to hang out with them as well!
- Chicago Athletic Association-My friend and I went to Cindy’s Rooftop for a trip. The roof had really cool views of the city! I would have loved to eat here, but you have to request a reservation way in advance. Even on a tuesday night!
Linking up with Amanda today