Hi everyone, we’ve made it to Wednesday. Give yourself a pat on the back for that one. It took me a long time last week to get out of the Holiday slump, and I’m feeling ready to crush the next few weeks of work before taking a lot of time off for Christmas. Last week I shared on instagram that I was having a hard time getting into the fitness swing of things after Thanksgiving. A lot of you agreed with me. It’s hard to get back to it after some time off. Today, I want to share some tips with you for December motivation and help you keep your fitness game strong.
This time of year is filled with holiday party events, or last minute Christmas/Friendsmas get togethers. Or for my Jewish friends, time with family for Hanukkah. All of these gatherings have lots of food, drink, and of course drinks. It’s hard to say no to all these snacks! I get it. Last week at book club, I ate a small dinner thinking I would just have a little bit of food. Ha! I ate spinach empanadas, so many chips, and a dessert.
However, one thing I’ve noticed during this busy time is how my mood is affected by working out. When I’m busy at work and other commitments, I need a fitness outlet to keep my mood up. Also, I sleep significantly better when I’m working out!
How to stay motivated
- Plan your workouts with your busy schedule. For example if you have a meeting after work, it will be hard to work out. So plan to work out that morning.
- Switch it up, I’ve been busy listening to podcasts and music while working out. This helps me stay motivated. I also have friends who only watch specific shows at the gym or on the treadmill.
- Try a workout video, the coach will help you stay motivated. I love Jillian Michaels workout videos on my iPAD.
- Find a friend, an accountability partner definitely helps when its cold outside and you don’t want to leave your warm bed in the morning!
- Head to the gym. I won’t lie, I really dislike going to the gym. I try to workout outdoors most of the year. But sometimes when I’m really lacking motivation, getting to the gym helps. Seeing other people of all shapes and sizes working out really helps me.
Do you have any other tips for staying motivated?
Saturday: skiing, not sure if this really counts as a workout b/c I only did a few runs. But my legs did feel it…
Sunday: 11 mile bike ride. It was 70 degrees out so it was nice to get outside.
Monday: off day, could not wake up this morning…
Tuesday: Evening Fierce 45 workout
Wednesday: Steps walking to my project at work, and hoping to get a 15 min arm workout in this evening.
Thanks Amanda for lettting me Link up today!