Happy Friday everyone! Writing this post from Little Rock, AR. I usually come back from work trips on Thursday, but this week was an exception. It was definitely a long week of travel, but I’m happy to be heading to Denver this afternoon! I have a weekend of watching sporting events, exercising outdoors, and getting ready for the work week. What are you up to this weekend? Sharing my Friday Faves with you guys:
Friday Faves #9
Great work cafeterias. One of the places I work at has the best cafeteria ever. They have awesome breakfast options including tacos, burritos, omelettes. They also have a cold breakfast bar. For lunch they have so many options! You can get sushi, stirfry, sandwiches, salads, soups, etc. There are so many fresh food and customizable options. #Cafeteriagoals I got this amazing dish, Singapore Street Noodles with Shrimp and Vegetables.
Robby Kelly’s ski recovery. If you are feeling unmotivated, watch this video for some inspiration. Robby Kelly is a U.S. skier who took a fall last week. In skiing, you are disqualified (DQ’d) if you miss a gate (pole) in the course, or if you lose equipment (skis). Robby fell, and then he went back and finished the race without a DQ. I can’t imagine how much energy this took, and how hard it was to recover after that fall. This really shows determination.
City Surf, I shared on instagram last week that I went to a City Surf class in Denver. I went to their Ripcore class which was about 10-15 minutes cardio, and the other 30 minutes of the class were core exercises on an elevated surfboard. I liked it a lot, and I want to try more classes in the next few months!
Focus Dailies. I switched contacts a couple weeks ago! I’m so happy with the change. Last year, I had a lot of eye irritation because of my contacts. I am really excited to see how these contacts work, but they have been great so far!
The week in workouts
- Monday: Day off, I know that most fitness professionals/advocates say “Never Miss a Monday.” I agree with this mantra for most people, but I have made an effort of working out on Saturday and Sunday. When I travel on Sunday nights, I need extra sleep on Monday mornings.
- Tuesday: 30 Min Healthy Glow Guide, was SERIOUSLY sore.
- Wednesday: Checked out a Pilates Reformer class in Little Rock. I really liked it, and I am hoping to take another class (or two) when I get back to Denver. Have you ever done a Pilates Reformer class?
- Thursday: Day off, still sore from the other two days.
- Friday: An unplanned morning at the gym, 1 mile on the treadmill, 10 minutes of arms and abs, 1 mile on the treadmill, and 10 more minutes of arms and abs.