A couple weeks ago, I was able to visit friends and family in Chicago! I love Chicago a lot! It’s a fun city with so much to do! It can be a little intimidating in size, but once you find your niche or neighborhoods to hang out in, its pretty easy to navigate. I have become a frequent of the blue line train, and I use google maps transit to get around.
Highlights from the weekend
- Some of my extended family lives in Chicago, and I was able to see them downtown for dinner. We went to dinner at Cafe Spiaggi. It was really good to see them!
- On Friday, we went to dinner at Bar Cocina with friends- the food was great there! Try the Sweet Potato Enchiladas!
- Badger win over Purdue, we went to the local Badger bar to watch it
- I love Shopping in Wicker Park. Seriously, I am obsessed with the store- Vintage Charm. I’ve been there a few times, and I’ve also seen it on Jess’s blog. I have gotten a purse here before, and this time I purchased a new candle. Also, David’s Tea, they have the cutest tea advent calendars, and my friends and I got them!
- On Saturday night, we went to Live Music at Joe’s on Weed- Rod Tuffcurls and the Benchpress. Had a great time seeing this cover band.
- Did you know that there is a new taco bell concept called Taco Bell Cantina? This taco bell sells alcohol. Don’t worry, I’ve been there. Got the sangria with my meal. There was even an open kitchen concept where people could sit at the bar and see the employees making the food. Gotta love it.
- In general, I love Chicago because of all the college friends that live nearby. I was able to see a lot of friends, some expected, and some unexpected! It’s always fun to catch up with so many great friends. I love Denver, but it’s cool that so many Madison Alum live in Chicago!
The weekend in Photos
What are your favorites in Chicago?