Does anyone write down goals for the year? Or resolutions that they will stick to?
I’m not one for many resolutions or strict goals for the year. Last year, a couple of the things I wanted to do was be more punctual and read more. I joined a book club at the end of the year, and I probably read like 4 books and lots of magazines. I also started Read The Bible In A Year. When I started it in Jan 2016, I didn’t do very well. I restarted in Sept 2016, and I’ve been on track ever since. I know I haven’t completed the bible, but I have made some progress.
One other goal or rule that I set for myself in 2016 was no international travel. I traveled for two weeks in Dec 2015-January 2nd, 2016 to Thailand and South Korea, but I didn’t count that. Last year I rang in 2016 in Suwon, and this year will be Minneapolis.
My 2017 goals are:
1. Become a certified personal trainer
2. Become certified in group fitness
3. Get a part time job in personal training and group fitness.
4. Read 6 books throughout the year
5. Keep up on reading my magazines
6. Continue to make homecooked meals when I am in town.
7. Try to eat healthy while out of town.
8. Travel to Europe with my family, potentially Ireland and Scotland, but still working out the details :). I can’t wait for a big trip!
9. Finish the bible in a year
I’m sure there will be many more small and large goals for 2017, but I am really excited to see where this year brings me. I’m also hoping to do a few weekend trips throughout Colorado- one is planned to Crested Butte, and I’d love to explore Telluride and some other areas further from Denver.
Do you have any goals for 2017?